DR DEEPAK CHAWLA
M.S.(SURGERY), FMAS, FAIS, Diploma Endoscopy (Germany)
Laparoscopic, Bariatric & Gynae Cancer Surgeon
Patel Hospital Pvt. Ltd.
Chawla Nursing Home & Maternity Hospital
- MBBS from J.S.S Medical College, Mysore
- MS (General Surgery) from J N M C, Belgaum
- Other Qualification(s)/ Certification(s)/ Programme(s) Attended
- International Training (Diploma Course) in Advanced Gynaecological Endoscopic Surgery, Anatomy & Virtual Reality
- Training at Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, University of Kiel, Germany (2002).
- Advanced course in laparoscopic surgery –World Laparoscopy Hospital.
- Hysteroscopy- Hands on training at Ethicon Institute, Delhi.
- 3rd AMASI Skill Course, AIIMS; New Delhi, 2006.
- Bariatric Surgery Training Programme organised by minimal access and bariatric surgery centre SGRH, New Delhi,2007.
- Master Class in Endoscopic Hernia Surgery, SGRH, New Delhi, 2008.
- Bariatric Surgery Training - setting up a Bariatric Centre, Pune.
- Training IVF, ICSI, QA/QC, TESE & Advanced ICSI by James Catt.
- Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy (TLH) hands on training course by Dr. Hafeez Rehman
- Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in health science in ultrasonography, Annamalai University, May 2012
- Laparoscopic colorectal training course by Dr. Haribhakti Kaizen Hospital, Ahmedabad, 2014
- Laparoscopic Radical Hysterectomy course at Mumbai & Ahmedabad
- Bariatric Surgery training course at Max Hospital & Asian Bariatric Centre Ahmedabad
- Member -ASSOCIATION OF SURGEONS OF INDIA (ASI)
- Member -INDIAN ASSOCIATION OF GASTRO ENDOSURGEONS OF INDIA (IAGES)
- Member- ASSOCIATION OF MINIMAL ACCESS SURGEONS OF INDIA ( AMASI)
- Member Hernia Society of India
- Member Asia Palific Hernia Society
- Member- Association of Surgeon, Jalandhar
- Member Association of Surgeon of India (Northern Chapter)
- Member - Indian Medical Association
- Member - National Association of Reproductive& Child Health of India (NARCHI)
- Member- Federation of Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Society of India.
- Member - Indian society of fertility and sterility
- Member American Society for Reproductive Medicine.
- Member- Indian Society for study of Reproduction and Fertility
- Fellow the Association of Minimal Access Surgeon of India FMAS
- Fellow of Association of Surgeons of India- FAIS
- Fellow of Northern Chapter Association of Surgeon of India.
Conferences/ Workshops Attended
- The International Hernia Collaboration Meeting, New Delhi 3-5 May, 2018
- Ossicon 2018 Bariatric Workshop & Conference at Chennai February 2018
- Hands on Workshop Laparoscopic Radical Hysterectomy at Mumbai & Ahmadabad
- Bariatric Surgery at Ahmadabad
- Bariatric Surgery at Max Hospital, New Delhi
- RCOG - Assisted Conception Course - April-2011, Delhi.
- 16th National Congress ISAR March-2011, Agra.
- 16th National Congress of Indian Society for Assisted Reproduction March-2011, Agra.
- CME on safe Restrictive Bariatric Surgery March-2010.
- CME on Bariatric Surgery June-2009.
- Ossicon April-2009, Hyderabad.
- 68th Annual conference of the Association of Surgeon of India Dec, 2008 Ludhiana
- NARCHI & Obstetric Gynaecological society of India (Northern Chapter) Conference Aug, 2008 at Jalandhar.
- FOGSI Infertility Committee National Conference and live workshop, May-2008 National Conference on ovulation in Induction ART, IUI, Vaginal surgery.
- OSSICON April-2008, Kolkata.
- 7th AMASI-Followship Skill Course March-2008 Pune.
- Northern Zone symposium on Endoscopy & Infertility Feb, 2008
- NATCON-IASO 2007 Annual Conference of India association of surgical oncology September 2007, Ludhiana.
- ASI Northern Chapter MID TERM CME-2007, April 2007, Jalandhar.
- NARCHI & Obstetric Gynaecological society of India (Northern India) Conference Aug 2006 Jalandhar
- IAGES 7th National Congress, 9-12 Feb 2006, Bangalore.
- Obst/Gynae Update, 31st March 2006, Jalandhar.
- 13th Annual Medicine Update, 13th Feb 2005, Jalandhar.
- 1st International Conference on Surgical Oncology, 24 to 26 Feb 2005, New Delhi.
- Endosurgery 05 - International Congress on Minimal Access Surgery "Mechanism of Mishaps and Risk Reduction Strategies" - 21st Feb - 1st March 2005, New Delhi.
- National conference of Endoscopic surgery, 8-12th feb 2005 , Bangalore.
- National conference of Endoscopic surgery,6th, Feb 2004, Ludhiana.
- The Grand Rounds in Gastrointestinal cancer, April 2004, Mumbai.
- AIDS symposium under aegis of Punjab Medical Council, Feb 2004.
- 23rd annual conference of Northern Chapter of Associations of Surgeons of India, March 2003, Ludhiana.
- NC-ASICON -2003- Pre Congress Workshop, March 2003, Ludhiana.
- Conference by NARCHI & Obstetric & Gynaecological Society of India, Feb. 2003, Jalandhar.
- Congress and workshop on IUI, IVF, ICSI, JAN 2003 Mumbai.
- National conference on mediolegal aspects, May 2002, Pune.
- Annual conference of ICS-CENTRAL ZONE- FEB 2000.
- Gynaecological Endoscopy in 2000 at Goa (1999)
- International seminar on Gynaecological endoscopy, March 1998, Mumbai.
- XIX Annual conference Karnataka state chapter, association of surgeons of India
- Symposium on recent advances in andrological evaluation and treatment of male infertility and workshop on semenology.
- Participated in award paper presentation at XIX annual conference, Karnataka state chapter, Association of Surgeons of India Feb. 2001, KIMS, Hubli.
- Participated in various free camps as part of village programmes held by National association of Reproductive & Child Health of India (NARCHI).
- Organized baby show held by NARCHI and Chawla Nursing Home & Maternity hospital, Jalandhar
- Active team worker in organizing conference by NARCHI & Obstetrician & Gynaecological Society of India (Northern chapter)
- TLH Simplified & Laparoscopic Radical Hysterectomy at Hotel Ramada September 2015, faculty Dr. Shailesh Puntambaker
- Laparoscopic Radical Hysterectomy at Patel Hospital February 2016, Faculty Dr. Dipak Limbachiya.
- Vaginal Surgery Workshop IMS March 2017
- State Award: Best Secretary Big Branch IMA Punjab, 2018.
I am Master of General Surgery with specialization in Bariatric, Metabolic, Laparoscopic Surgery, Hernia Surgery and Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy & Advanced Gynaecological Laparoscopic & Hysteroscopic Surgeries.
Besides Laparoscopic Surgeries for Gallbladder, Hernia, Appendix, Uterus, I am routinely doing Breast Cancer Surgery and Cancer Surgery for Cervix and Uterus Laparoscopically.
Metabolic Surgery (Diabetes)
Advanced Gynaecological Laparoscopic Surgery
Breast Cancer Surgery
Gynae Cancer Surgery
Vaginal Vault Prolapse
Non Descent Vaginal Hysterectomy
TVT Continence Surgery
Male Sexual Dysfunction
Laparoscopic Hernia Repair